Plagiarism and cheating are topics of concern at all levels of education. Colleges are developing a variety of strategies for preventing and detecting such cases. Members of the REPTIC / IT REP Network regularly organize workshops, round tables discussions and produce resources on the topic.
- Perreault, N. (2016). Le plagiat électronique : ce que c’est, prévenir, détecter. (in french) Nouveau
- Perreault, N. (2016). Stratégies de prévention du plagiat Nouveau
This Google Doc document is editable. It presents strategies for preventing plagiarism, grouped into four types of intervention: inform, train, design/create/present the work, evaluate.
The intervention strategies incorporate targets (knowledge, skills, and social skills). Resources are also presented (tutorials, learning activities, suggestions, examples, etc.) but a few empty cells remain… It is possible to improve the document according to the situation at each college and by adding other available resources.
The document goes with the slideshow described above but it can be used on its own. It can be useful for academic counsellors and librarians when planning activities, as well as for teachers interested in preventing plagiarism.
- ICT Profile Web Space (bilingual) Essential : The ICTProfile.ca Space, hosted by Profweb, offers hundreds of resources that support students and teachers in mastering skills from the Profile for Students, including those related to citing sources, to the production of a state of the art bibliography that conforms to Intellectual Property rights: tutorials, pedagogical scenarios, guides, evaluation grids, software apps, etc.
- ICT Profile for College Students skills related to plagiarism (bilingual) New : This document can be used to complete the exploration and use of resources in the ICTProfile.ca Space according to the skills, objectives and tasks affected by plagiarism.
- Plagiarism File at Cégep de Saint-Félicien TBC : this excellent resource produced by Bernard Gagnon provides several tools on plagiarism: what is plagiarism, copying without cheating, using copyright-free images, how to prevent plagiarism, etc.
- Plagiarism File from the Profweb website (2007) : Plagiarism and other types of academic cheating, using technology: creating solutions for a new reality.
- Resources from the Profweb website using the keyword “plagiarism”
REPTIC Website Resources containing the keyword “plagiarism-and-cheating”
Other Texts and Webcasts
- Perreault, N. (2007). Workshop on plagiarism presented in a pedagogical roundtable for tutors, held at TELUQ (in french).
- Cauchy, Clairandrée (2009). Series of articles from Le Devoir, published on Saturday April 11 and Sunday, April 12, 2009, featuring interviews with college teachers and with Nicole Perreault (in french):
- Perreault, N. (2007). Plagiarism and Other Types of Electronic Cheating – creating solutions to a new reality. Published in Profweb, February 2nd 2007, 16 pages.
- Perreault, N. (2009). REPTIC/IT REP Network Delicious bookmarks (social bookmark) on electronic plagiarism. (in french)
- Van Nuffel, C. (2009). Plagiarism in the era of internet (in french). Interview with Nicole Perreault. Perspectives collégiales, vol. 4, no 4 (March-April 2009), 4 pages.